Kansas City is a popular place. It always scores high on “top spots to live” lists, sometimes even topping the charts. Amazing nightlife, safe neighborhoods, tons of greenery, places to shop and endless family-friendly attractions means this urban center of two million people is hard to beat.
The Beauty of Buying a Home in KC
Kansas City’s median house price is a comfortable $135,000. The sprawling metropolis has a huge selection of single-family homes to choose from, so getting exactly what you want isn’t difficult, though you may have to go wherever the wind takes you. The best part of buying a home in Kansas City is that you get a lot of bang for your buck, with attractive three- and four-bedroom standalone homes in nice neighborhoods for barely over $200,000.
If you’re still not convinced, you should know that the cost of living in Kansas City is lower than the national average and the city also has a booming economy. With tons of major manufacturers, tech companies and other coast-to-coast businesses, living and working in Kansas City is enjoyable. It’s no surprise that the city has such a great quality-of-life reputation.
Things To Know About Life in Kansas City, Missouri
Here are a few things to keep in mind while you start packing your bags:
- You’ll be driving a lot: Kansas City is huge. Getting from point A to point B typically means taking a freeway. Fortunately, the road system is well-maintained and streamlined.
- The people are nice: If you’ve never experienced Missouri’s warm atmosphere before, you’re in for a treat.
- You may put on some extra weight at first: Kansas City is renowned for its mouthwatering barbecue, and restaurants usually make everything from scratch.
Kansas City, Missouri Highlights
There’s something for everyone in this town:
- Gorgeous fountains and architecture
- Freshly harvested veggies and fruit
- Green backdrops everywhere
- Live music and street art
Families have parks and zoos, working professionals have high-class coffee shops and bookstores, and people with the urge to dance have great clubs and pubs where they can hang out with friends.